Thursday, September 4, 2008

Desires of the Heart

Lately I have had no desire for the Word, or much desire to pray. I just seem to have a frustrated spirit a lot lately. I have no idea why. I find myself complaining all of the time, if only to myself.  I don't even know why. Life is so good right now, the Lord has been gracious with me, and blesses me daily. But I just can't seem to enjoy those things. I am constantly picking out the little things that are frustrating or bad throughout my day. Ever Been There? 

So here is my prayer, for myself.

"Finally, Brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable --if anything is excellent or praiseworthy --think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me --put it into practice. And the God or peace will be with you."    Phil 4:8-9

So my war today is over my thoughts. I have to choose to dwell on the good things in life, on the blessings, and most importantly on the Gospel. Because Christ died for me, he saved me, and promises that all is for His glory and my good, what can I really complain about?

In an effort to get my mind going in the right direction, I'm going to list some good things that have gone down today.

1.Class went great. I really like screen printing so far. It's very fast, easy, and painterly. I love all those things in art. 
2. My dog Stella is doing much better today after getting spayed a couple of days ago. She just follows me around and leans on me. Such a Love!
3. I made a delicious cake, that turned out better than the last time I made it, even though I took it out and let it cool before it was done, then had to put it back in the oven. How that worked, I have no idea. It really is amazing that anything I bake turns out well. I mess something up EVERY time, no joke, just as Suzanne.
4. I just got my hair cut for the first time in I don't even know how long, and I love it. It's so much better. It is shorter and actually has shape! Yippee!!!
5. I'm hanging out at Texas Roast drinking free coffee (because I work here). Mmmm
6. I get to see Phillip today for a while. Awesome.
7. I get hang out with at least one good friend that I haven't seen in a long time today in Dallas.
8. I am having a nice relaxing day, which I haven't had in a long time.


See, 8 things that are great in my life today. I feel better already. Maybe this will be my new strategy, write things down when I'm frustrated for no reason. I like it. Now I can see clearly, in writing, God's blessings in my life today. How could I possibly not praise him for all of that?

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I know how you feel sister! I've been that way lately too... about the desire to read the bible and pray that is. Reading your bible is like anything else. You have to develop a want for it and the more you dig in the more you will want to! So endure and everything will go well!