Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sigur Ros in Denver


This past weekend Phillip and I boarded a plane for Denver. What an amazing difference from Texas in September. Everything was so beautiful from the weather to the scenery.  On Saturday we went hiking in Pike National Forest. As you can see in some of the pictures, the aspens were starting to turn colors. My goodness I miss it already. We went and stayed with some awesome friends of ours, Evan and Lauren Perkins. We went out to downtown Denver on Friday night and had some really good Russian food. Yeah, Russian. I know that's random. We ate at this restaurant called the Red Square. It was really yummy. On Saturday afternoon we went for our hike, then took showers and went to the Sigur Ros concert at the red rocks amphitheatre. It was truly incredible. The weather was cold, but not too cold. The venue was amazing. If you have never been, then you should go. It was definatly worth it. During the concert there were the red rock to the side and back of us, starry sky above, and the denver skyline in the distance past the stage. If you haven't every listened to Sigur Ros, I would highly encourage you to check them out. They are from iceland, sing in a made up language, and are very talented musically. Then sunday morning, very early (4:30 am) we got up and headed out to the airport to catch our flight at 6am. We were running late and barely made our flight. Needless to say, I was a little cranky that early. But we were back in dallas by 8:30am and spend the rest of the day resting. Sadly, I never could get back to sleep on sunday and am still catching up on my sleep. But in all it was a wonderful trip. It was some rest that I desperately needed. It was so fun to see Evan and Lauren, and to get to marvel at God's magnificent creation.  
 
Phillip and I in Pike National Forest
The Storm we out ran on the way down the mountain
Posing with some Aspens
Phillip and I at the Concert
Phillip, Evan, and Lauren in the bottom of the picture

No comments: